Friday, April 24, 2009

Holy MOTHER!!!!!! I always tell Abby that there are some things I just can't do because I'm not a mom...{TOTALLY TRUE!!!!} So with Chad and Caskie moving back into town, I thought it would be fun to have a spend the night. So with the 4 oldest grandkids in their swimsuits we walked to the swimming pool. [It really wasn't that warm of a day and there was a pretty good little breeze...ughhh...but they really wanted to so I figured 'What the heck!] Well Camden and Kaja were freezing and laying on the slightly warm cement to get their bodies to stop shaking. I decided that it was probably time to go. As we were getting to the gate, Abby dropped Jo-jo off so her and her hubby could go on a date. So off we went...actually we didn't get very far because there is this amazing contraption right outside the swimming pool and there have been scientific studies that kids CANNOT walk past it without playing on this plastic. After going down the slides and playing on the monkey bars we raced down the grass hills till we finally ran into a palm tree branch...well we didn't actually run into it but Darby found it and wanted to take it to 'the fort'. The 4 older kids went out to the dirt field to find a table and chairs while I made beans-n-weenies, cut up mangos, and juice. While trying to take dinner out the the fort and spilled beans-n-weenies all over my foot and burned it, bent my fingernail, bumped my head, and had to change a diaper....geeze life of a mom is ROUGH!!! But dinner out at the fort was wonderful! If you dropped a bean...oh well! Clean up was pretty easy and so in we went! Jo-jo, Kaja, and Darby took a bath in the girl's bathroom while Camden and Emery took a shower in Abby and Shane's shower. I popped popcorn, threw my keys in the big garbage outside and had to climb on in to get them out, cleaned up the house, popped popcorn, and cut up some apples. I went upstairs to get everyone out and there's noone in the bathtub!!!!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come to find out they're ALL in the shower! What a mess.....we finally got everything all cleaned up and now we are just relaxing watching a cute little movie. What a lovely evening :-)

I could never have 5 kids I don't think. I would be the crazy lady that everyone wants to peep on to see how her life really is. My house would be a wreck and if my kids asked me if laundry was done I'd just have to say,"Do it yourself!" And beans-n-weenies???? What kind of meal is that? Healthy?? I think not!!!!! I see popcorn as a main food group. Getting baths everynight would be a hit or miss.....sorry kids.

I guess I'm just not a mom.

4 comments:

ashley kelepolo said...

Allee
I just read that poem again that you wrote for little Brody and I love it! You are so talented! I am so lucky to be a mom! I love it so much! Today Koby fell asleep on me and I layed him down in his bed then and snuggled down with Brody and took a nap with him! Ahh! the life!

Wendy said...

You are going to be a great mom! No worries there. I can't believe how lucky all those little kids are to have an aunt like you.

k_kbrimhall said...

you will be a wonderful mom and look at all the practical lessons you are getting now. You are a wonderful aunt and those kids are so lucky to have you.

Caskie Jill said...

Just now gettin' around to checkin' your blog! Thanks again for the sleepover! You really are the best Aunt ever! We LOVE having you here in the house...can't wait for all the memories! And you'll be a wonderful Mother...it's way different when they are your own!